— Green Action, 4/30/2012
To the Prime Minister of Japan, Mr. Yoshihiko Noda,
Take responsibility for the major accident at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant. The government must make change to move away from nuclear power, toward renewable energy sources!
We demand all nuclear power plants are decommissioned and the complete withdrawal from production of nuclear energy!
- Realise the danger of earthquakes and tsunamis demonstrated by the accident at the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant, shut down all nuclear power plants in operation and begin the decommissioning process.
- Repeal white paper submissions for all new plant locations and extension plans.
- Close Rokkasho Reprocessing Plant and Monju; abolish work with plutonium thermal reactors.
TEPCO and the Japanese government must clarify and meet their responsibilities. We demand release of information to the public, an expansion of the evacuation area, repeal of the increased levels of legal yearly radiation exposure, and compensation for victims!
- Release information speedily to the public in regard to the accident at Fukushima, consequent contamination and radiation exposure.
- Expand the evacuation area. Urgently carry out measures required for the evacuation of people: especially from regions where radiation contamination is high, of pregnant women, infants, children and students.
- Revoke the increase of the yearly radiation exposure level to 20 millisieverts (mSv). Lower the legal allowances of radiation in food. Sincerely consider internal radiation exposure: protect the original standard of safe total yearly exposure to the whole body at 1 millisievert of radiation.
- Administer long-term health assistance for local residents exposed to radiation, assessing all possibilities, including external and internal (air, water, food) exposure. Compensate victims of radiation exposure.
- Revoke the increase of the yearly radiation exposure level for workers to 250 millisieverts. Thoroughly administer the radiation exposure of workers who work in high radiation conditions, their safety and their health. Compensate victims of radiation exposure.
- Stop releasing radiation in to the ocean.
- Grant compensation to local residents, workers, farmers, dairy farmers, and fishermen.
- All compensation for this major accident should be paid primarily by TEPCO and electricity business operators.
■ Deadline: 31 December 2011.
■ This petition has been organised by 95 groups from all over Japan.